Friday, April 30, 2010

the Final Mid-term Break

Finally, mid-term break has arrived. It's strange that this is the last one of the year--school has gone by so fast. The only unfortunate part of having mid-term break right now is that all of my friends are going on summer break. Yes, finals are coming up for them, and they will be free from all homework in less than a week. It's strange to think that we have almost completed our freshman year of college...
This week has not been as stressful as 5th week last term or fall term. I have two minor midterms coming up next week in history--in which we already have the questions and the answers, it's just the fact that we have to remember it all in the essay--and in Symphonies. I had a paper due today in Symphonies comparing and contrasting two Symphonies, one by Beethoven and one by Schubert. I really like that class--it is so interesting and I like that I am expanding my knowledge of classical music. I think this weekend will be very "chill"--many events planned such as the May Day Parade, a cookout, and possibly some Ultimate Frisbee. Don't worry, I will attend to my studies as necessary, but if the weather's good, I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to play outside!