Sunday, June 15, 2008

The End of the Year

Finally, its summer. I have been home for two days now and am starting to settle into a summer routine. I still have about 20 boxes of unpacked stuff from my dorms in the garage that I am trying my best to ignore. Although I am thrilled to be done with freshman year, it is a really weird feeling. Leaving my dorm room was pretty sad, but I'm almost certain I'm the only one who thought so. Its just strange to think that that was my little home for a whole year and in three months a new freshmen will be moving in. Being away from school for three months will be so odd. Not seeing my friends constantly, eating home-cooked food every night, washing my clothes whenever I feel like it. It will definitely be different, but I'm ready. Knowing that this is my last blog, I was thinking back to the first one that I wrote. I was still packing up everything for school, with one or two weeks left before move-in. I was nervous and excited and scared. Now, I am just so thankful for the year I've had and how wonderful it has all been. I've met some great friends and really found a niche where I belong. As cliche as it sounds, I really couldn't have asked for a better year.