Monday, June 9, 2008

My Last Weekend

This weekend was the last weekend before summer, which is weird but wonderful. It was also my birthday, so my parents came down and they took my sister and I and our friends to a beach house about 20 minutes away. It was a great way to spend our last weekend. It was cool because this was the same place we stayed the night before we moved into the dorms, so it was a great way to leave school as well. I remember sitting at the beach, trying to focus on my book that I was reading, scared to death about the next day. Would I make friends? Would my roommate and I get along? I loved coming back with my new friends and a year of college under my belt. It just made me extremely grateful for the awesome year I have had. Anyway, the beach house was wonderful. We had numerous walks on the beach, made our birthday cake from scratch (and miraculously, it was a success!!) and I even learned how to dig for sand crabs. On Sunday my parents helped my sister and I pack up everything in our dorm rooms that we could live without for a week and took it home with them. Its extremely weird. My room is mostly bare, and it just reminds me that I only have 5 days of my freshman year left. Two of my finals are today and one is Friday, which means I should probably get some last minute studying done... :)