Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Last thoughts

It is so weird to think that this is my last blog of freshman year. I have so much to do before I leave though! Thankfully I only have one more final, but my roommate and I still need to clean (which is saying a lot considering how little of that we have done this year), put our furniture back to where it started, and somehow bring our very heavy refrigerator to the drop off center. If I succeed in doing the last without seriously harming myself I will be surprised.
It is hard to believe that this year is really over. It seems so long ago that I first came into this room and met my roommate. We were both so nervous! And then there are my friends. In the beginning of the year I was sure I knew who my closest friends were going to be, and I was wrong with almost all of them. I am so thankful for the group of friends I have now! I am so ready for vacation to come that I haven't really thought about leaving that much. I just really realized last night that I won't see my friends here for almost three months. Thankfully I have wonderful friends at home as well, so I won't get lonely.
I have enjoyed writing this blog so much. It has enabled me to take a step back and see what is going on in my life. Freshman year has been a whirlwind of experiences, and I can say honestly say that I have enjoyed it (which would have been such a relief to hear at this time last year!). If you have been following along, thanks for listening. I hope you got a glimpse at what it is like to be a freshman at college!