Friday, March 26, 2010

Hello, Spring!

Well, it's been a great spring break, but I think it's time to get back to school. I never thought that I'd say this, but I miss the routine of classes. I just had two weeks of spring break, and they were great. I went to Washington D.C. with the choir the first week. We toured around the capitol, went to some historic sites and museums, got to see the capitol during the heath-care bill debates/passing (so busy and so much protesting, but very interesting!), and even got into the White House, not to mention the three concerts we put on during our week there! I really liked DC and wouldn't mind getting a job out there later in life--something to consider with an American Studies major, perhaps?
After the trip, I have been lounging around at home by myself while my parents work. All my friends are at school due to their earlier spring breaks, and therefore, after a week of doing nothing but...nothing, I guess, I'm ready to go back to school. I am very excited for my music class--Symphonies: from Mozart to Mahler. I think a couple of my swimmer friends are in that class, too. This will be my first music class ever. I have been involved with music and private lessons since I was little, but this will be the first music class that I take with other students! Also, I'm taking voice lessons this term--so excited! I hope my teacher will be good!
My other classes are American History and Spanish--exactly what I had last term. Hopefully they will be good classes. I'm going to go into this term with a little more confidence than last term because I thought last term was really hard, and I ended up doing better than I thought! And those last two classes are the same subject as two classes I took last term, so hopefully this spring will turn out alright...
I'm definitely looking forward to a new 10 weeks of school! Wish me luck!