Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rainy Days

Well, it has been pouring here, and it will continue to do so for another 5 days or so. To my friends in freezing Minnesota, I know this is nothing to complain about, but when last week was sunny and warm, it is hard to take this cold weather silently. At home, I always loved when it was cold outside and I could bundle up and get cozy. In college though, it is a little different. The 5-10 minute walk to each class that can be so enjoyable on a nice day is pretty miserable in the rain, and although my dorm room is a home away from home, it doesn't exactly have a fireplace in the corner. Another development, along with the rain, is a preoccupation with housing for next year. People are starting to talk about and plan where they will live, and who they will live with, next fall. I am so lucky to have found a wonderful group of girls to live with, and we will be entering in a lottery for an apartment together in about a week. Even the damp weather can't stop my excitement! I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but the dorm experience is something I am very grateful I had, but at the same time an experience I am just about done with. Nothing sounds better than an apartment "of my own", one that will feel a little bit cozier on a rainy day!