Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Back to School

I am finally back to school after a wonderful month off. This is my first week back, but in some ways it feels as if I never left. I now call my house and my school "home", which is really the way I feel. I am comfortable in both places, in each place I have friends, and although my dorm room doesn't quite compare to my room at home, it comes closer than I thought possible in September. Today was my second day of classes, and I am beginning to truly appreciate the quarter system. Instead of coming back to the same classes, I get to start all over again. And even though my Physical Oceanography class promises to be extremely boring, I am comforted that it will only bore me for 10 weeks, when I will get to move on to a different, hopefully more interesting, class. This quarter I am taking 16 units (or 4 classes) which is one more than I took in the fall. Although this is only the second day, I can already feel the difference. I have more reading than I can keep track of!