Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thoughts on the Second Week

It is only the second week back, but I feel as if I have been at school for at least a month already. I think this might have to do with the inordinate amount of reading I am assigned this quarter. May I suggest never signing up for two history classes? As a history major, I know that I am bound to make this mistake again, but if you can avoid it, do so. I find that most of the work that is assigned is reading, which is both nice and hard. It is nice because no one knows (supposedly) if you are a day or two behind. Then again, this only makes it easier to put off, and I feel that I am continually behind or on the brink of becoming so. Still, this quarter, unlike my last one, I am actually enjoying my classes. I am no longer taking the high school-like classes (math, speech, ect.) that I was, and am now taking courses that are actually interesting to me. As my highly competent college counselor pointed out last year, this is what makes college so much fun. So despite the fact that I am practically drowning in reading and my rising suspicion that I will have less free time this quarter than ever, I am enjoying college more this quarter than last.