Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January Term

I left Minnesota satisfied with break. I got to hang out with all my friends and see all my family, which was great. I was really looking forward to getting back to school, which was a feeling I wasn't expecting to have. What I wasn't looking forward to, however, was the day of travel ahead of me. My flight from Minneapolis to Boston was delayed 2 hours, which then put me on a later bus to school, so I ended up not arriving at campus until very late at night. As much as I hate that kind of travel, everything besides the delays worked out very smoothly, and I shouldn't really be complaining since I knew I would be getting involved in extensive travel days when I chose to go to school on the East coast. In the end though, it was just nice to be back on campus.
My January term course on Screenplay Analysis has been great. It meets every day for about 3-4 hours, and half of that time is spent watching movies. The other half we discuss the movie we viewed the previous class. It's great, because I watch and discuss movies anyway, and now I get credit for it.
Campus in January is a bit strange, since maybe half of the students take a January term class, so things are very laid back, and it is definitely much quieter. The fact that my class doesn't start until 1 p.m. is great as well, because it leaves me with more than enough free time to hang out with friends, read comics, watch more movies, and go into town. My only major complaint is that the bus system runs on a less frequent schedule during January, so getting into town is never a short thing - which can be a drag since it is getting cold here.