Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Year a New Me?

Happy holidays everyone. I hope everyone is enjoying their well deserved break. I know I am! This is the first time ever that I have gone on break and have not been able to do any school work, it is amazing! For those of you who are worried that I might take the entire month to relax, I assure you that my overachieving personality is still fully intact. I have been looking for places to transfer to and reading other people's opinions on my professors for next semester. Also, I have looked into summer courses. Some things do not change regardless of the year.  
I have found some time to relax. I have been doing lots of pleasure reading and have seen numerous friends from high school. Most of my friends have had a great college experience so far. I find several things interesting when comparing their college experience to mine. We have all established that finals week is by far one of the worst weeks of the year. Also we have learned that we would do anything to go back to the high school workload and finally that we do not know how we had gotten up by six-thirty during our younger days. The only major difference I have found between myself and those people who went away is our definition of home. All of my friends have been saying they cannot wait to go home as in back to school. They miss their independence and the people they have seen everyday for the past couple of months. I never thought that this transformation would happen so quickly. I guess we have all become used to our new lives and the adventures they hold. This should not be surprising though, because everyday is an adventure