Sunday, January 25, 2009

Did I earn this break?

January Term has ended, and the second semester has officially begun. My classes don't begin until Wednesday, but I turned in all my final work for my J-term class. I really enjoyed J-term - most of my friends were here, I got to take a class about movies, and I had tons of free time. The work I had to do for my class was pretty easy, and mostly enjoyable, so it hardly has even felt like school - which is why I hardly feel like this 5-day break I'm currently 3 days into was deserved. I'll take it, of course, and it's nice to have a little space between terms. And as nice as J-term was, it is also nice to have more of my friends arriving back on campus. This place is starting to feel like I did when I left, whereas J-term felt like some kind of condensed version of it. All my websites for my new classes are up, so I was able to check out the class lists and see who was taking the class with me, and quite a few of my friends will be taking some courses with me, which makes me even more excited about my new schedule, which is already looking more interesting than last semester, though I really enjoyed most of last semester. I'll have taken all of them by the end of the week, so I should have a good idea by then.