Thursday, January 15, 2009

Under a Week to Go

I must say that even though this break was the longest break I have ever been given it is the first time I am not ready to go back. I feel like I am starting all over again. This is the worst part about community college. You don't have the same social opportunities to maintain friendships and you do not get as close to people because they are not just down the hall or across campus. The only good thing is that I have two of the same professors as last semester, meaning two less teaching styles I have to get accustomed to. I added another class to my schedule. I am now taking Stress Management on Wednesday nights. It has the potential to be the most beneficial class I ever take. This also means I take a different number of classes everyday. I have one on Monday, four on Tuesday, two on Wednesday, three on Thursday and, I am off on Friday. This will provide variation which should help me stay focused. This variation still seems very strange to me as I am still used to the high school schedule where I go to the same classes everyday.  I guess it is just another difference I will continue to adjust to. Variation also provides many opportunities for adventures which I should be accustomed to by now, as everyday is an adventure.