Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Housing

All year, although enjoying dorm life, I have been looking forward to finding housing for next year. I have three wonderful roommates and live in a wonderful town, so what could possibly go wrong. Well, this week I have discovered the problem. I always pictured all four of us magically agreeing on one house/apartment/townhouse. Instead, we are seeing that all of us have different requirements. One of us wants to be close to downtown while the other wants to be close to campus. Some want the place to look clean, others want it to be around other college students (two things that are not very compatible). This means that the four of us are starting to get frustrated with each other, and we have only been looking for a week! The only upside to this is that if our group survives this, we can probably survive anything :) It is fun looking at all the places though. I am so glad that my school, unlike some others, only provides housing for freshmen. I don't think I could do another year living in the dorms. Don't get me wrong, this has been a great experience, just not one that I would do a second time.
So that has been my week. Thinking, worrying, and talking about housing. I am getting pretty ready for spring break when I can take a break from everything!