Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Four weeks left

I've only got four weeks or so left of the semester. I feel both excited and stressed at the same time. I'm really looking forward to getting back to Minnesota for a while and getting a good break in without having to worry about work, and my schedule for January Term and Spring Semester sound exciting. I'm taking a screenplay course, as well as a creative writing class and a visual media class, and they all sound really fun. The worst part about it though is that two of these classes are in the Humanities department, and my least favorite class right now, the dreaded Postcolonial turn, is in the humanities department. So not only is that class horribly confusing and impossible to gain anything from, there's now no reason for me to be taking it, since I'll have fulfilled the requirement two more times over once the year is over. And I'm not looking forward to the end of the semester a whole lot. Granted, my school doesn't administer tests, so there won't be any finals, but I totaled it up the other day and I found that I'll have roughly 60 pages of work to turn in at the end of the semester. Some of that work will be easy and I'm not too worried about it, but plenty of it sounds absoultely frustrating, and I'm dreading it. But having it done will be nice, and it should make break, once it comes, all the more rewarding.