Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How about this weather?

People on campus are freaking out because the weather has finally gone below freezing. Finally, there's an advantage to being from Minnesota - I'm more than ready for this stuff.
We had an exceptionally rainy weekend, which was okay, because I found myself doing a lot of indoor activities anyway. I caught up with my friend from my hometown who goes to college nearby. I've seen him a few other times this semester, and he's definitely more stressed out than I am. His college is considerably more competitive, and one of the reasons I don't see him that often is that he is constantly busy working or studying. Though that is the case for most college students, I usually find time on weekends to go into town or go to a movie, but he seems to be busy all the time, and on top of his work he signs up for numerous extracurricular activities. We met up and went to the new James Bond movie, which was pretty cool, and hung out at the mall. He's still in a good mood, and he's also going back home for Thanksgiving break, because his school actually gives them a full week off, unlike my school, which gives us Wednesday through Sunday. Although I'm not that upset about it actually. Sure, going home would be nice, but the amount of time it would take to do all that travelling (college to bus station, bus to Boston, Boston to Minneapolis, Minneapolis to home.) would be too tedious and annoying of a process to have to endure twice in one month. I'll be home soon enough, I figure. And I'll get to spend Thanksgiving in the Washington DC area with my friend, which should be fun since I've never been there, even though I don't plan on doing any sight-seeing.