Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sometimes I Miss the Old Days

Did you ever wake up on Monday and just know that it was going to be an eventful week? That is what happened to me this week and it seems my feeling was right. It is only Tuesday and there have already been highlights! Yesterday morning my printer didn't work and of course I had a paper due. I saved the paper to my flash drive and went to the library to print it out. All I can say is thank goodness I had an hour. First you have to buy a print card using this big machine. After you get the print card you have to go to a computer in the front and select your computer number and the document you want printed. For a person that is as technological challenged as I am this was quite a task. Boy I miss the days when I would just hit file print and go stand by the printer. 
I realized another thing I miss yesterday. Clubs that were organized. Mr. W I never thought I would say this but I have found an advisor more unorganized than you! I went to a Rotaract meeting which is a volunteer organization that they are trying to begin at my school. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a sucker for volunteering and I have a hard time saying no. It should come as no surprise that I am now president of the Rotaract club. The adviser has no idea where to begin and he told me it was now my club. If anyone has any suggestions for fundraising or advice on how to get a club started I would appreciate it.
Just a quick example of how different college is. I watched a film in Spanish today. At one point in the film the professor turned to us and said "You're all eighteen correct?" She was asking because of the content of the previous scene. It just made me laugh and remember when I had to get a consent form signed when they showed movies with curses and how in college age does not matter.  I guess it is just another one of the many differences between high school and college.
There have already been multiple adventures this week and I have a feeling they are far from over. This is not surprising of course because everyday is an adventure!