Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Even Short Weeks Can Be Long

Three days. How hard can that be? The Spanish paper was due today. This weekend when I was putting  the final touches on it my flash drive decided to act up and my changes got deleted. Then I could not find the bibliography. I was ready to scream. Thankfully, I had time to fix it and was able to hand it in on time.
I have wanted to scream several times already this week. Spending three hours at the doctor can definitely make someone scream. I had to miss two classes yesterday because I had an appointment in Delaware at two o'clock. Three hours and two shots later I was on my way home. Although the day was not very good it does bring me to a good thing about college. Having fewer classes each day. This is a major plus when you are absent because you have fewer notes to catch up on.  In fact I only have to get notes for one of my classes because my English professor was absent. 
Tomorrow is my last day before Thanksgiving break. This brings me to another myth about community college. Students get more time off and attendance is not taken seriously. Many of my friends are already home. Also my school does not have a fall break. Several of my friends from different schools have told me they do not have to go to class. Almost all my teachers take attendance at the beginning of class and if students miss more then four classes, points are deducted from their final grade. Community college a joke? I no longer think so.
That is enough about school. I am just looking forward to spending time with my family and friends. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and I hope it is full of food, family and adventure because everyday is an adventure.