Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Sorry about the delay in posts, but I've been away for Thanksgiving break. I was not fortunate enough to go home, but my friend's family was nice enough to let me spend my break with them, and it was great. The drive from Massachusetts to Virginia was long, and we did it very late at night, so we didn't arrive in Virginia until 5 in the morning. I still got plenty of sleep, and my friend and I spent the rest of the day hanging out with his friends, who were all very cool people. Thanksgiving day was great as well, although I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to football and I spent a lot of time trying to get into it, but ended up eating snacks, and getting too full before actual Thanksgiving dinner. My friend isn't huge on football either, but he had relatives to talk to. We spent the next day in the Washington DC area, and went out for lunch at a fairly popular restaurant, not realizing that it was Black Friday, and lines and traffic were horrible. Against all logic we also found ourselves at a mall later that day, which was just as bad as any mall in Minnesota would get. Saturday was my birthday, and the first time I've ever been away from home for that. I wasn't that bothered though really, since it's never been that big of a deal at home, and I still got to talk to my family on the phone and eat a chocolate cake. Being away from home overall wasn't that tough, since I was having fun the whole time, and my friend's family was more than hospitable. The only thing that stunk was knowing that just about everyone else I know from home was hanging out together. What would have been much worse though would be sitting around campus with relatively no one else around, although I probably would have gotten my share of work done, and I really do need to, since I still have about 3 10+page papers left to write before the semester is over, which is in less than two weeks. I've been working all day today, since my regular Monday class was canceled due to my professor's flight delay, and I'm nearly finished with one paper. The only problem is the 3 that are left I've barely got a start on, and I still have classes to go to this week. If I had full days to myself this wouldn't be much of a problem, but either way I'll get this done. I'll just have to work really hard at staying focused.