Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Optional Class? There really is such a thing.

This week has demonstrated the biggest difference between college and high school: Optional classes. We had the option of going to theatre on Monday to have one on one conferences with the professor about our grades and the upcoming midterm. I did not go because I felt I could better prepare myself by taking online quizzes and reviewing the text. What that really means, I got to sleep an extra two hours! One on one conferences are popular in college. I have a conference with my English professor tomorrow. This one is not optional. I am nervous for his assessment of my writing. The good news is that after my conference  I get to go home meaning more time to sleep! On Thursday I don't have to go to my World Civilization class because we are having a unit exam which I will have to take in the test center. I finally got my first A in that class. I now study with a classmate which helps tremendously.
 It seems that everyday I attend college I face new struggles, but I also find new solutions. The easiest way to find solutions is to keep life in perspective. My friends have helped me to begin to realize this, whether it be grieving the loss of a good friend (Rest in Peace RS) or having a friend begin to successfully recover from a long surgery friends have shown me there is more to life then school. Also adventures are much easy to survive when someone is there with you, which is good because everyday is an adventure.