Sunday, February 15, 2009

Same as it ever was

At this point, I've resumed the same routine I had last semester, except perhaps with a little less writing. Looking back on my portfolios from last semester, I can't help but notice how heavy they are with paper, and when I look over my syllabuses for this semester it doesn't look like I'll match last semester's weight. When I compared the work I did last semester to what my friends were doing, both here and at other colleges, I also found that it was considerably more writing based than most, which I suppose might have been because I took 2 writing classes and two analysis-heavy classes. Though I may be getting small break from heavy writing, however, that doesn't mean that this semester will be a breeze. What I will have to do, that I've done little of previously, is give presentations. I don't have a lot of experience in giving presentations, so I'll probably pick up on that skill, or at least I hope I do.
The only other major change of this semester is adjusting to how often I see my friends. I had quite a few friends that were a year ahead of me, and when the new semester started, many of them moved into different housing that is both removed from the main area of campus and off the meal plan. Not that it is a major hassle, necessarily, since we all have phones and know where each other live, but spontaneously planned events have significantly decreased, mostly due to the fact that I don't see these people daily like I used to.