Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Where Have the Last Two Weeks Gone?

Sorry I have not written in so long. I have no idea where the time went. My sister warned me that Spring semester was more difficult than Fall semester. She was right. I feel like all I do is work and yet I am always behind. The sad part is that it is only two weeks into the semester. I do not know what I am going to do during midterms and finals. I have decided that I am going to live just for today and take it one day at a time. I heard this philosophy when I went to an NA meeting last night. Don't worry college has not driven me to drugs, I had to go for my stress management class. It was one of the most educational and emotional experiences of my life. I am so glad I went. It gave me a reality check. It was funny because I was nervous that people would be angry that I "intruded" on the meeting. I could not have been more wrong. It was the least judgmental environment I have ever been in. Everyone was so welcoming. 
Speaking of environments, that is probably the biggest adjustment I've had to deal with both in terms of the weather and social environment. It has been snowing frequently here and I've had to walk across campus with snow on the ground several times. As you can imagine snow and walkers do not mix especially for someone who is as clumsy as I am. My social environment has also changed. For most of my classes I have a new professor and new classmates and my classes are in different buildings. I feel like it is my first day of kindergarden again. If only the work were as easy as it was back then. With all these changes I will have to take it one day at a time and be ready for adventure, because everyday is an adventure!