Thursday, April 9, 2009

Decisions Decisions

There is a line in one of my favorite songs that goes "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."  As I complete my last month of my freshmen year I have found this lyric to be very true. I have to pick my classes for next semester within the next few weeks. Although I have decided to remain at community college until at least next spring I am not any closer to deciding what to major in. In fact I am more confused now then ever before. This is causing issues as I do not know what classes to take next semester. I like so many things, but love nothing. I am also good at many things, but great at none. The good thing is that I know a lot of people who feel this way so at least I am not alone. Every week I want to do something different or double major. One idea ends and the next begins.
 Another aspect in which I am not alone in is being stressed. Everyone I talk to says they have so much work to do in the next few weeks and they have no idea how they are going to get it done. I have five projects and five finals to take. If there is one skill I am going to master by the end of the semester it will be time management. One project or test ends and another begins. Despite the confusion and the stress I feel I have grown tremendously this semester. I am not stuck to a plan. I am exploring options and I am finally starting to realize that once college is over I am in the working world forever so I should take my time and find out what I love. That is what I have decided. I will take each day as it comes and enjoy each adventure as everyday is an adventure.