Wednesday, October 7, 2009

4th Week

This weekend was homecoming! It was quite different than my high school's homecoming though. There is not quite the emphasis on sports here at my academically-rigorous small liberal arts college that there was back home. I had a swim meet that morning, so I missed the first quarter of the game. The game was very exciting, and we almost lost to our biggest rivals, but in the end, we prevailed 17-13!
That night, I there was a dance that started at 9, but truly got hoppin' at 11:30. I found it strange that there were hardly any parties that night! Most college students would want to celebrate all night long, but there were only a few parties that ended before midnight. I thought homecoming was going to be over-the-top wild, but here it is very low key.
Sunday night was a stressful night, as always. I usually try and get some homework done before Sunday night, just so I won't have piles and piles of work to do. Well, much to my dismay, I left everything until the last minute. This was a very stupid idea because I had to wake up at 6 the next morning for swimming practice.
It was tough on Monday morning to drag myself out of bed and bike to the Rec Center. The workout set the coaches had us do were so intense! After morning practice I raced back to my dorm for a quick shower, then breakfast, then class. It's going to be hard to get used to this new schedule.
I now have swimming every day of the week except Sunday. I have morning practices on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. College sports are very intense. I was only planning on swimming for fun, but it is a lot more work than I was prepared for. I hope I can keep up my studies as well as my swimming, because I really like the team and the coaches and all the new friends I've made.
It is now Wednesday, and midterms are coming up next week already! I can't believe I've made it this far! I hope I can figure out how to manage my schedule a littler more efficiently this week so I'll be prepared for all the work school and swimming have to offer.