Monday, October 5, 2009

The Freshman Feeling

Today is Monday and normally this is a day where I feel like my life is crashing down on me with stress, but college has given Monday a new name for my educational life. It is a day where most of my room and floor mates throughout the dorm go out and get active in some way possible. I really enjoy the fact that we do this because it has allowed me to become closer to a lot of people at the university and most importantly, it has given me the opportunity to meet people who are good students. Now if I need help with anything especially math, I can get it from one of my new friends as opposed to always walking to the tutor center or trying to help myself.
So far, The University of Cincinnati has been good to me. I am enjoying all of my classes and feel that the support from my professors has helped a lot in making my pivotal transition from high school to college a smooth one. The student body is real nice and everybody seems to be having a good time with very little issues. The social aspect has to be my favorite thing about the collegiate life. Outside of hanging with my dorm mates on Mondays, there are plenty of activities to participate in and most of them are free for anyone to join. I think that if I continue to stay positive about my school work and become more and more active as the year goes on, then my freshman year will be successful but who knows what my college future will hold from this day on? Guess I have to wait and just enjoy my freshman feeling for now.