Friday, October 30, 2009

3 weeks and counting

Ah, Fridays--the start of the weekend is finally here! I had a good week this week, and I'm so excited for Halloween! My classes have all been going well--successful drafts/papers, a decent Art History mid-term grade, and swimming has difficult, but I have been able to push through. It's getting a little nerve-wracking, though, because next Monday there will only be 3 weeks left of the term--15 days! Since my school is on a 10-week trimester schedule, things move very quickly here. There are finals exams and papers to think about and what classes to choose for winter term.
However, despite all this crazy school work, this weekend will be great! Tonight I have a blind date. It's this campus-wide event in which your roommate sets you up on a blind date. Both my roommate and I set up each other. I feel kind of bad because I don't know who her date is at all! My friend on the swim team and I were complaining about how neither of us could think of anyone to set our roommates up with, and then we realized we should just set our roommates up together! I hope everything goes well...
Halloween is tomorrow, and unfortunately we have a swim meet in the morning, so I can't sleep in. It will be an invite with some teams from our conference and we will be racing silly relays, not actual regulation swim meet events. This sounds like fun as long as I don't have to swim distance tomorrow!
All in all, we've been working hard here. It's time for a little fun this weekend! Wish me luck on my date :)