Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I wish break could last longer... so I could finish my homework :(

Midterm break was this past weekend. I got one day off--Monday. This weekend was the most relaxing weekend I've had in a very long time, especially since there wasn't any swim practice. However, the days leading up to the break were so stressful.
Last Wednesday I had two midterm exams and a paper due. The paper wasn't so bad because I had been working on it all week, and Calculus wasn't too much to worry about because I have already taken a similar class, but Art History was a pain in the neck to study for! There were 55 pieces of art we had to memorize along with their dates, stylistic periods, artists, and region. Thankfully, I was able to cram it all into my brain before the test. Even if you feel like you know the subject well, the first exam is always scary. You never know what to expect for the first test. Well, thankfully, I was wrong about the Art History exam being the most terrifying thing ever, because I thought it went quite well. I guess we'll just have to see when we get the actual results on Wednesday.
Even though I had a really relaxing weekend, I have a TON of homework that I sort of pushed aside. I'm actually nervous about when I'm going to have time to finish it all. Nothing except my math homework is due tomorrow, but I have a paper due on Friday that I should probably continue working on. I have no idea how all this work piled up! It was midterms--no one gave MORE homework--but here I am scrambling to find time to do it all.
I guess the advice I'm going to give here is make sure you look ahead and prepare--for everything. I think I should have seen these assignments coming and saved some time in the weekend to work on them at least a little bit. Hope I learned my lesson...