Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It is amazing how fast school becomes normal after being gone. I've only been back a few days, but it feels like a few weeks. It was a lot of fun to see everyone when I got back. To celebrate some friends and I went out to a movie and dinner (I highly recommend the movie "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day"). Also, I like most of my new classes so far, but that might be because we've only met once or twice so far. Unlike my first two quarters, I still need to enroll in one more class. This means that I am "crashing" classes this week, seeing if they have any room. This isn't too bad, but it is getting a little discouraging. I am trying to get into either a philosophy class or another history class. I am just hoping I get into one of them so that I have 16 units.
This quarter I have made some resolutions (kind of like on New Years, just a few months late). I really want to make it to the beach more, considering we are so close. Secondly, I want to try to get As in all my classes. I know this will be hard, but I am going to try to do this. And lastly, I want to be more vocal in some of my classes. Most teachers reward you for participating, and considering my second goal, I think this would be a good idea. Not only that, but I think I will do better in my classes because of it.
So that is my recap of my first few days back at school. I think I am going to like this quarter, so I will keep you posted!