Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Coming to an End

I can not believe that the year is almost over. I'm basically a forth of the way done with my college career. This year has gone by so fast it's unbelieveable. It honestly feels like halloween was last week. However, I've learned a lot this year. I've learned about being on my own (obviously) and having to make good choices without your parents' help, I've learned about social scenes in college and how if you feel uncomfortable being somewhere or with someone you should get out of the situation because there are a lot of sketchy people around. I've also learned about how hard it is to get good grades. First semester it was insane how often I went to the library and how much effort I put into my school assignments, and second semester people kind of learn how you can still get by without putting all of that work in which can be a good or bad thing. I've learned that it's ok to switch your major, but it is a good idea to have SOME direction otherwise it can be stressful. Probably most importantly I've learned how important family is. I knew that before, I mean I've always had great relationships with my parents and extended family but when you're away and something happens, whether its a cousin getting really sick or my step family moving into my house, you realize that those are really important things in your life and should not take your family for granted.