Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Quarter

So, I have a very good feeling about this quarter. That is partly because I am only taking three classes, and none of them are spanish and math. However, it is more than that. With the extra time that I have without a fourth class, I have decided to do a few things I normally wouldn't have the time to do.
1. Cello lessons- I have been planning to learn the cello since January, and I have finally started. I have only had one lesson so far, but my teacher seems nice and pretty patient. I don't know if I will ever be skilled enough to play in the school's orchestra or anything, but thats beside the point.
2. Growth Group- A growth group is like a bible study for college students at the church that I have started going to. Its a pretty big church, so I am hoping this will help me get to know more of the people.
3. "Big Buddies"- This is a Christian version of Big Brother Big Sister. I just signed up for it but I'm really excited. The program will pair me off with a child/young teenager that is living with a single parent and could use a good influence and friend in their lives.
4. Flameworking- At the college craft center they offer classes each quarter and I have wanted to take one all year. In this class I will be making glass things, mostly simple little pieces I am guessing. I am doing this all by myself, so I hope there are some people in the class that are both nice and haven't done this before. I would hate to be the only beginner.
So, anyway, as you can see, I will be kind of busy this quarter. But they are all things I am excited to do and I can't wait to get started on them.