Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New Distractions

I am starting to get very excited that it is Spring Quarter. Not only does this mean that I can start making summer plans, but it also means that my time here at school is starting to get more enjoyable. Last weekend I was able to go down to the beach, and this weekend I think some friends and I are going to go kayaking. Next on the agenda might even be roasting hot dogs on the beach. Now I am remembering why everyone says my school is in such a great location! I love walking to class and seeing people walking to their cars with surfboards, or in bathing suits heading to the beach. It reminds me that it is only minutes away, and that I can go if I want to (and have the time). There is one downside to all of this. Because it is so nice outside, it is even harder to stay in and try to get some work done. I have tried reading on the beach (not very productive) and on the grass (a little more so), but it is unsurprisingly easy to get distracted while doing so. Despite the fact that this season is a distraction, I think I will enjoy it immensely.