Thursday, December 13, 2007

Back Home

It is the most wonderful feeling knowing that I have a month off. That means no classes for four weeks, no homework, no early morning wake-ups. Most of all though, it means that I am home. Its not like Thanksgiving where I had to rush around, determined to see my friends, spend quality time with my family, and of course, eat at my favorite restautants. Instead, I have time to relax. To actually unpack my clothes, put everything in its old place, and just enjoy being home. I'll be honest. For me, this means reading on the couch with my sister for the majority of the day, getting up to have lunch and make an occasional trip into town. For the most part though, I am just soaking it up. I get to leave my room a mess and not worry what my roommate will think when she spots the dirty laundry on the floor. I get to spend half the day in my pajamas and not shower till noon. Once in a while, I will look up from what I am doing (most likely reading) and just soak the familiarity of home up. I know it might sound cliche, but really, this is the best Christmas gift ever. Just to be back.