Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Driving Home

Since I am now home for Christmas vacation, I don't have any new insights on college life. I would like to look back instead on events that happened a while ago. More specifically, I would like to reflect on driving home. My first trip home was the most entertaining by far. To get back from my school, I have to get on highway 101. Well, I had never driven the route before, so I made a very big mistake within 5 minutes of leaving the school. I got on highway 1 instead of 101. The problem was that I didn't notice my mistake until we were on the road for quite some time. A trip that should have taken four and a half hours took six instead. And instead of driving a simple and straight stretch of road, I spent at least two hours driving on hair pin turns right next to the ocean...at night. I feel confident in saying that that will never happen again. My second trip home was for Thanksgiving. That was made interesting by the fact that my sister had a fish bowl at her feet the whole time which was slightly too full, and that my fish was in a water bottle sitting in a cup holder. Thankfully, no one got that bottle mixed up with their own drink. I also had a carfull of people making sure I was going the right way, considering how disatrous our first trip was. Last Friday was my most recent trip home, and I am glad to say that it was nearly perfect. The one gliche was that I managed to get turned around (not lost!) only 30 minutes from my home. Overall though, it was a pretty successfull trip, and one that proves the saying "Practice makes perfect". I really think that the next time I drive home, my passengers will have nothing to complain about!