Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Packing Ordeal

Going home for Thanksgiving was no big deal. Pack your favorite shirts, a few pairs of jeans, a good book and you're done. However, it is a completly different for Christmas. This year my winter break lasts for four, wonderful weeks. Which is great. But is also means that if I forget something, I go without it for a month. So the big challenge these last few days has been to get everything in order and make sure that nothing is left behind. So far I have a full laundry bag, three medium sized bags, and around six small bags filled with clothes, books, shoes, and just stuff that I could not live without for a whole month. An example of that would be my Friends seasons and my favorite lotion. So the big question is: "Will it all fit?" I am one of three girls that are sharing very limited trunk space, so this is could become a real problem. I have a slight suspicion that my pink Adidas bag will end up on my lap. Of a bigger concern though is coming back. If I already have an overload of bags, bringing back Christmas gifts will be worse. However, for all of this worrying, I am SO excited to be leaving for home. I cannot wait for a whole month of doing nothing with my family and friends. It will be the first time since leaving home that I won't have to count down days until I go back to the dorms.