Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Midterms

These last two weeks have been extremely busy. The one bad thing about the quarter system is that midterms come very quickly. I feel like I have just started these classes, but I am already half way through. I have had 5 major tests and 1 essay due in the span of only two weeks, which is slightly stressful. Thankfully, I have already done 4 of the tests, so things are starting to slow down a little and I am beginning to live normally again (meaning my desk is no longer one pile of lecture notes and I have stopped dividing my time into "study time" and "study break". I have noticed that even when I do divide my time in only these two categories, my study breaks seem to take up a majority of my time. This was also the first quarter that I felt the need to see my professors in office hours. Although all of my teachers have offered them, I was never desperate enough to put myself into that potentially awkward situation. That changed this quarter. Luckily, it was not nearly as awkward as I imagined it to be and I actually enjoyed it. Due to my visit to my history professor's office, I actually understood the topic I had to write an essay on.