Monday, October 13, 2008

Breakin'

The past few days have felt like a scene out of a vampire movie. Campus is more or less dead, with the withering leaves of the trees falling to the ground and bicycles laying abandoned against trees like an episode of the Twilight Zone. Nearly everyone has gone home for Fall Break, since the majority of people live on the east coast that go here, including most of the people I've made friends with. It's been okay though, I've gotten a chance to explore the area and get a lot of work done, but seeing campus like this is just a reminder of how far away from home I am. Over the weekend I went to two movies, which were both good but not great, and the travel experience on the bus system, which I believe I've already gone into, is never to great. Friday and Saturday nights, the bus between the mall and the University campus is packed, probably beyond maximum capacity, with plenty of people who you don't want to be on a crowded bus with. I wasn't given a ton of homework to do over break, and that hasn't been hard to get done, so I've found myself at times trying to find something to do, but there's no one here. But I really shouldn't be complaining - I'm on break, which means I don't have class and more homework. It would be nice to have some friends around though. I suppose I could go do my laundry...