Sunday, September 9, 2007

4th Week at School

Even though this last school week was only four days long, it seemed as though it lasted forever, not necessarily in a bad way but by two o'clock on Friday, I was ready to be done. I had my first French test which I was scared to death about. I still have no idea how I did, but I'm hoping ok because that's another difference between college and high school, you only have a few tests per semester and homework doesn't count for hardly any of your grade so you have to do well on those tests. I have my first Psychology test on Tuesday that I've been studying for, for the past week but on the first day my professor told us that 30% of kids fail his class, which wasn't all that comforting. Chelsie went out of town this weekend on this trip with a fraternity. I was invited to go but decided not to because I didn't know my date and I figured if he was weird, it could turn out to be a really bad weekend. She said it wasn't that bad,but I'm still glad I stayed here. I hung out with my roommate and this other girl on my floor most of the weekend and also met some new, really nice kids. We went over to their house Friday night and Saturday after our football game as well. That was the first game I've been to which could have been a lot of fun except it was about a thousand degrees out so we only stayed for a quarter. I'm really glad I hung out with these new people this weekend because believe it or not, it's still been a little difficult to meet good friends. I hang out with these four girls who I like but most of them are in sororities which takes up a lot of time and one of them kind of bugs me anyways, she makes fun of people a lot and everything always seems to be about her; I kind of feel like these are my temporary friends until I meet some that are like the ones I had back home. At my high school there were six of us that were best friends and it's been super hard not having them here. We're all spread out over the country and I miss them to death. It's weird because I feel like I haven't met anyone remotely like those girls and I'm not looking for replacements, just people that have similar characteristics that I really like and get along with. My homesickness has kind of gone away over the past few days. I'm still very excited to see my parents this next weekend but it's not needed like it was last week. I'll let you know how it goes!