Tuesday, September 4, 2007

So Much Work

Now as I'm into my 4th week here, classes seem to keep getting harder and harder. At first I think I was so nervous that I did all of my homework immediately after class and didn't think about it again until the next day. Now as I'm starting to feel really settled in, it seems like there is so much more that I'd like to be doing than homework: SLEEPING, going over to my friends' dorms, watching TV, making a Target run, eating, working out, and the list goes on. So lately I've been putting my homework off until later in the day and it just makes it feel like I have so much more work to do. So one thing that I would advise anyone not to do is procrastinate! My roommate and I are getting along well, she's from a town that's just about a half hour away from mine back home, so we originally we had some mutual friends which was nice to have something in common. It almost seems that when one of us is in the room, the other isn't which makes it fairly easy. I'm starting to get sick of the food here already, which is bad. Apparently the dining hall that we always go to, that's closest to my dorm is the best food on campus. Not going to lie, it's pretty good food and there's a big variety, but after a while it seems like everything is the same. As for the boys we were hoping to meet, there are a few that we hung out with during the week, but no one that I think we'll stay friends with. Oh well, it'll happen eventually. This last weekend I went to visit a friend in a different state at his school, which was a lot of fun. That's one of the nice things about college, if I haven't said it already; the freedom! The last few days have really been the first time that I've felt homesick, which is surprising because I used to get homesick all the time, no matter where I was or who I was with. My parents are coming down in two weeks for Family Weekend though, so it will be great to see them! As I said, homework seems to be taking over my life, but hopefully this next week will be fun and exciting!