Tuesday, September 25, 2007

6th Week at School

Already six weeks into it, I can't believe it. I've already taken five tests, written a paper and had several homework assignments and it seems like the weeks keep going by faster and faster. Probably because Mondays and Tuesdays are normal but by the time Wednesday comes, you're about ready for the week to be over and the next day is Thursday which is basically the beginning of the weekend here, and weekends are the best. This past weekend I felt a little bit like a waste of life because I sat and overall watched around 15 hours of Grey's Anatomy...disgusting, I know. Chelsie, my friend Tiffany and I had planned that we were going to watch all three seasons before the fourth starts this week, and this weekend just seemed like the time to do it. Don't get me wrong, I went out both nights and had fun but during the day, it was straight to her room to watch episodes. We kind of realized it was okay though because it's not like there's a lot going on during the days anyway, especially since hardly any of my friends have cars, and let me tell you that can be very depressing at times. It's not impossible to live without a car, but if your parents let you, I definitely suggest it because there are times where we feel completely stranded, like right now I'm out of milk and therefore don't eat breakfast anymore :(.
I go home in two and a half weeks and cannot wait! It's not so much that I'm homesick, but I just can't wait to go back to my home town, see a couple friends that stayed there to go to school, and just bum around my house. My plan is to stay home the first night, stay with one of my friends the second, hang out at my cousin's house the third and just be with my parents the last day and night. Another reason I'm so anxious to go home is for the FOOD. I'm so incredibly sick of the food here, I can't even explain it. We now are walking 15 to 20 minutes all the way across campus just to eat different food, when we have a cafeteria right next door. And it's almost as if there is no solution to this problem; I'm stuck with this food for another seven months.