Sunday, September 30, 2007

7th Week

Another week went by faster than ever. It was fun, but kind of low key. Nights here seem really repetative to me; I come home from class, lay down to take a nap, wake up and work out, eat and then do homework and watch TV until about 11 or 12 when I'm really bored I just decide to go to sleep. They almost seem kind of lonely even though I'm with friends most of the time, hard to explain. I've been hanging out with this girl named Jackie a lot, she lives just down the hall from me. She has some friends that I've been hanging out with a lot, we hung out with them twice this weekend. They're older but I can definitely see them being in my close group of friends, which is comforting to have but that just means that not having a car is harder and harder because they all live in houses just off campus so we have to bum rides from them constantly.
My dad's coming down this next weekend to go to a football game with Chelsie and I. The game is an hour away and I have a friend that goes to the opposing school so that will be fun to see him. It seems like it's getting easier and easier to not talk to my parents every night, not that I don't want to but I just don't think about it as much as I used to. Also my sister and I have been talking a lot more, we didn't get along great in high school but now that we're both gone it's easier to talk and fun to hear what's going on with her.
My friends and I have also been trying to figure out spring break. I might end up going home because I'm not sure if I'll be able to go home another time in the spring, but if I don't I'll probably go see my sister with Chelsie. The kids I was talking about earlier are going to the Bahamas and invited us to go but it's close to a thousand dollars and I'm not thinking I want to spend that money, even though it woul be an amazing trip I'm sure. Saving money is a big thing in college. People always talk about how no one has any money in college and if you don't work, then that kind of becomes true. It's scary to see your bank account keep getting lower and lower but I've tried to come up with a budget of how much I'll spend per month and it seems to be working well. Well this next week and a half should be interesting because I'm sure I'll have a test in just about every class before fall break, so it should be busy!