Monday, September 17, 2007

Seeing my parents

This week went by very very fast. School went well, I found out I got a B on my French test and my Psychology test which I was really happy about! Also it was Chelsie's birthday so me and some girls got her a big gift certificate to Target and also took her out to eat at this Italian restaurant with probably ten girls. My roommate and I are still getting along except for one thing: our room SMELLS. I do my laundry once a week and my clothes smell good,but she never does laundry and her stuff smells so bad but she doesn't understand. There's a roommate contract that we just signed and it said something about hygene on it but I felt bad and didn't want to say anything so I just try to keep the window open as much as possible.
My parents came down for parents weekend like I said. It was great to see them! We saw Superbad on Friday night, which I thought would be very awkward to see with your parents but they ended up loving it so it was fun. Saturday we went to Kansas City because I had never been and we went to the Plaza to go shopping. Another great thing about having them here was the food! I finally got to get away from the dorm food and had steak, ribs and just normal food all weekend. Also staying in the hotel was great, I got to shower without shoes on for the first time in over a month and finally take a bath. Saturday night my dad and I went to the football game. It was a great night for a game, nice and cool and we had a lot of fun. Sunday was basically just eating and doing a Target run before they left. Now that they came, I dont feel homesick except I miss my sister and my younger cousins, it's been really hard not to see them but I will fall break! This week I have a math and french test to look forward to so it should be very busy with studying...once again!