Friday, October 26, 2007

Halloween

This is the first time that I have celebrated a holiday away from my family. Sure it might just be Halloween, but it still counts for something. Over the last few weeks, my roommate and I have been collecting candy for goodie bags and I even bought a cute Halloween bowl at Ross to put the extras in. Yesterday we both made our bags, and although she got hers' done twice as fast and she put twice the amount of candy in hers, I must say that mine are cuter. The combination of the two is great. This is my roommate's favorite holiday, so we have a bloody spider web up (gross, I know) and a few other decorations. After thinking about decorations though, it was time to think of what to do on the actual day. What CAN a college student do on Halloween night to have fun without partying? That was the real dilemma. Several girls and I decided that we would dress up and go downtown to collect candy from the local buisnesses. Afterwards I think we will bake some sugar cookies and decorate them (of course) and then watch some corny Halloween movie...like Young Frankenstien. So yeah. Not exactly the plan for most freshmen in the dorms, but thats okay. Today I went costume shopping, which was interesting. After passing many pirate costumes and revealing dresses, I found the perfect one. I am being an owl. I will not go into full detail about it, but it is pretty spectacular. So...I am pretty excited for this coming week and the holiday. On Wednesday the college gives out free food and stuff to people that dress up during the day, but I don't know if I am brave enough. We'll see. So, to end this, Happy Halloween!