Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Random Thoughts

This has been a very typical afternoon. I have, in my reluctance to start writing my speech, have looked at everyone's photos on facebook, eaten a blueberry muffin, gone to the gym, and even done my long overdue laundary. As I have mentioned before, procrastination is a wide spread problem in college. But after I didn't collapse in the middle of my first speech, I am feeling much less anxious about this one. I am also getting excited for Thursday. After class, my sister and I, along with two friends from high school, are making the trip home. I am so excited to see my parents and friends again! And although it is a 4 1/2 hour drive, I am sure that it will be worth it. It is wierd how you can be so ready to get away, but at the same time, can't wait to get back.
Last weekend I was at a retreat for a club I am in, so this will be my second weekend away from the dorms. And although I have only known my friends here for a month, I miss them a lot when I am gone. When people come back, they always say that they feel as if they missed out on everything, which is exactly how I felt when I came back last Sunday. Living in the dorms, although it is akward and uncomfortable at times, is such a great experience, one that you can't help but bond over with the girls (or guys) you are living with. So once I am back here after my visit home, I think it will be my parent's turn to come see me, not the other way around!