Friday, October 12, 2007

A Typical Day

As I was thinking of what to write on this week, I realized that I have not yet just wrote about my typical day. Thinking about this, I knew that that is what I would have wanted to know as a junior or senior in high school. What really happens at college? To start off, I wake up at 7 o'clock in the morning Monday to Thursday. After daydreaming for a year that I wouldn't have an early class, this was quite a blow. However, I have somehow been able to manage. After my early Spanish class, I have an hour break before my history class. Going back to my dorm during this break would require that I go up a hill, something I am eager to avoid. I have instead been going to the library to work on homework during that hour. I thought that the library would be intimidating, but was surprised to find that I fit right in. To everyone esle, I was just one more person coming to study. To me however, I was the little freshman that was using their first college library. My history class ends at 11 o'clock, which is my last class on Mondays and Wednesdays. I usually celebrate by going to lunch on campus with some friends or even just making a sandwich in my room. Waking up at 7 am, I am still extremely tired by the time I get done with lunch. I have therefore started a habit of taking an hour nap after my meal. To some this might seem lazy, but getting seven or less hours of sleep per night just doesn't agree with me. After this I must admit that I waste a good portion of my time, thinking about homework but finding myself on facebook instead. I usually go to the gym on campus for a little, and then come back to study or hang out with friends in my dorm. Tuesdays and Thursdays I go back to class at 5pm and get out at 7pm. I was pretty bummed that I had a night class at first, but I actually don't mind it. I have gotten into the habit of going to dinner with other people from that class, since most of my friends have eaten by that time. This has allowed me to actually meet the people in my Communications class and feel more comfortable during those two hour lectures. After a dinner that isn't quite good, but not bad, I go back to my dorm, study, and spend the night hanging out with friends. Most of the time this includes movies, tv shows, or just talking. Once in a while I will find myself downtown, but not usually on school nights. So...there is my typical day. It is quite different from high school; being a much more relaxed and flexible schedule, and I definetly like it.