Thursday, October 18, 2007

Midterms and Group Projects

Today I had my first ever college midterm. It was for my history class and, since that is my major, wasn't too painful. I was surprised when my professor gave us a number of essay questions that might appear on the test and actually seemed to genuinely care how we did on the exam. I think that part of this is going to a university that really does try to have smaller classroom sizes. To go on a tangent, my senior year of high school I really wanted a huge university where I would just be a face in the crowd. But I have found that it makes a difference when your professor knows your name and you are able to recognize at least one face on campus wherever you go. Back to the midterm though, it wasn't nearly as terrifying as I thought. Today I also got started on a group project that I am doing in my communications class. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to pick our groups. One guy in my group told us that he really didn't want to work to hard on the project and then proceeded to watch youtube videos of the Colbert Report while the rest of the group worked. Well, at least he is upfront and honest. I can tell though that this is definetly going to be a learning experience and I am going to have to speak up for myself and the rest of the group. Yikes. I am ending the week by going home for the weekend. I am SO excited. I can't wait to see my dogs, sleep in my own bed, and spend time with my parents. I am leaving tonight (actually I am leaving as soon as I get done writing this) and will be home by either midnight or one. So...to end this, I have had a great week and am heading into an even greater finish.