Monday, October 22, 2007

Homesick

This last week was kind of rough. I didn't have hardly any homework all week and no tests or papers, maybe the easiest week here so far. But when I don't have much to do I start to get bored and then I get homesick. I was O.K. for the first few days but around Wednesday is when I started to get a little sad. Thursday and Friday night were a lot of fun, I just went out with some friends to a couple of parites but when Saturday rolled around, there was hardly anything to do. I think I've said this before, but weekends here are kind of hard, especially without a car. If you had a car you could go shopping, out to eat, or whatever you want but without one you're pretty much stranded at the dorms and especially as it starts to get colder, there's hardly anything to do. So this Saturday my friend Jackie and I sat and watched Friends and slept pretty much all day until we went out Saturday night and we did the same thing on Sunday before we went to a movie later on. My mom called me on Sunday and we had a long talk about this and she made me feel a little better, but there's still part of me that wonders how happy I am here. I think i like it a lot but there are sometimes where I'm just not sure. My mom thinks I should get involved more, like with intramurals or a church or something but none of my friends are involved and I don't really want to just go out and play a sport on my own. Plus I think it's a little too late to do a fall sport. I would work if I could, to keep me busy, but all jobs on campus are filled, but even if they weren't I wouldn't really want to work on campus I don't think, and again since I don't have a car I can't have a normal job. Hopefully I'll find more things to do and get involved in as the weeks go on!