Friday, February 1, 2008

Another Break With High School

I know that I have mentioned this before, but I love that in college you can take classes that challenge and interest you. Although I have a lot of work, the majority of it interests me, which is different than in high school. I am taking a class about the political economy of Latin America and the Middle East, and it is so fascinating. It is as if entire parts of World History were left out of textbooks for convenience, and now I am finally hearing about these events. I am also really enjoying how my fellow students take an interest in our classes. Just yesterday one of my classes had an extended discussion on the differences between Islam and Christianity. Instead of the professor being the only one to speak, students were constantly adding questions or comments to the dialogue. It is so refreshing! So if you are frustrated with high school classes, just wait. As soon as you have the freedom to choose your classes, it starts to get better!