Friday, February 22, 2008

Sick at College

So this week I have experienced what its like to be sick at college. Sadly, its not like high school where you just call in sick and spend the next day or so in your robe in front of the tv at home. It doesn't matter how cozy I get in my dorm room, its just not the same. Instead of having my mom to spoil me with extra soft tissue and milk shakes to "make my throat feel better", I am left to depend on myself. For the last day and a half I have been using toilet paper as kleenex and only just this morning have decided that enough is enough, I will buy myself decent tissue paper. My poor roommate probably hasn't gotten any sleep from my coughing and sniffing, but theres a point where you stop worrying about that. She's lived with me so far, she can last through a couple days of sickness. Another huge difference is missing school. At home, I could just call in sick and not worry about classes until I felt better. Here, I live at school. I might be able to skip class, but its not like that means I'm back home. For the most part, being sick at college is not that terrible. However, there are just some moments where I wish you're back on my couch, watching an old movie, drinking a vanilla shake from McDonalds.