Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Coming Back

Coming back to school from Winter Break wasn't the easiest thing in the world. It's taken me a while to get back into the swing of things, studying, writing papers, doing homework etc. I haven't had any tests yet or major assignments but I have a couple coming up and I really need to buckle down and get my stuff done. It was so nice being off for 5 weeks and being home. Coming back to school was easy, especially seeing all of my friends and getting back into the routine of going out and hanging out with everyone, but the school part of it, like I said has been hard to get used to. I don't really have any advice on how to make that easier, I guess maybe just start thinking about it before you get back from vacation and don't let the first week or two of the semester slide because if you start out on a strong note, that's when you can kind of take a break in the middle or towards the end of the semester. But being back has been great. Two of my best friends and I spontaneously decided to spend a ton of money and go see my grandma in Arizona in a couple of weeks. We're all really excited about it, it'll be a nice little break and then about two and a half weeks after that is Spring Break already.
This semester seems to be better than last for me though. I really enjoy my professors, except one, but that's just something you have to deal with and the classes I'm taking are all fairly interesting. I decided to change my major to Psychology and a minor in Business, which I'm more comfortable with. We also decided where we're living next year. It's an apartment just a few minutes from campus with four of my friends; we can't wait! It's weird to admit, but a few of us were talking the other day and we all said that part of us might miss dorm life just because it's so easy. Most of your friends are just a short walk away and you have meals made for you etc. But I think we'll all enjoy being more independent next year living on our own.