Thursday, February 7, 2008

Veritas

This week my university hosted a really cool event called the Veritas Forum. All week speakers came and discussed issues such as religion, science, and philosophy. I have gone to several so far, but my favorite by far was the discussion last night. It was a religious panel, so representatives of Islam, Judaism, and Christianity were present. The host asked them questions, and then it was the audience's turn to do so. It was so interesting to hear everyone's point of view, and it was really neat to see these three faiths represented in such a peaceful way. Considering all the conflict between these religions that is going on today, it was very powerful. The other speakers are discussing topics such as "Evolution v. Atheism", "Science and Religion", and "Why Does God Allow Evil?" The more speakers I go to, the more I like this event. It is such a great way to hear differing points of view and to start interesting and meaningful conversations with others. This is another reason I am loving college. Where else would such an event be hosted?