Friday, November 2, 2007

Getting Down to Buisness

So far, college hasn't seemed too challenging. Sure I have to study, and once in a while I am disappointed by a grade I got, but for the most part it has been okay. Until now that is. Honestly, I didn't mean for it to get like this. My Communications class has been pretty laid back all quarter until last week, where I realized that I have a research paper due on Tuesday, a persuasive speech due on Thursday, and a group project due the week after Thanksgiving. I bet you can guess what I am doing this weekend. I will be hole up in my room for most of Friday, Saturday, and depressing as it might sound, probably Sunday as well. My advice is to stay on top of things. To actually USE that planner that you buy at the beginning of every year. If you are anything like me, the planner usually stays empty at the bottom of your backpack. Well, I got mine out yesterday, even though it is a little late. The plus side of this is, I have discovered how to use the library. Yesterday I went and found six books to help me on my research paper. You have no idea how intellectual I felt as I brought those books back to my dorm. I also learned how to use the library's website, which is actually quite wonderful. I can look up everything I need to without even leaving my room.
However, as I stay in my room, the world is sadly going to keep on turning. A few girls are going down to the beach to shop and then going to the school's rodeo. But I guess that just means that I will think before I procrastinate again.